Ear Wax Removal Items
If you’re looking into ear wax removal products, there really is only one type of product you need to know about. You may have relied on home methods such as cotton buds, flushing with warm water, and even ear candles in the past, but all of these carry some risk, can be ineffective and can even damage your delicate ear canals and drums. In some cases, these methods can even make matters worse by pushing the wax further into the ear canal where it hardens and becomes impacted.
The best ear wax removal product recommended by health professionals are earwax softening drops, which can be combined with micro-suction and curettage for a gentle and effective means of ear wax removal.
What Are Earwax Softening Drops?
A leading cause of blocked ears is impacted ear wax that, over time, has become so hardened that it can’t be carried out of the ear canal naturally. Healthy ears are self-cleaning, and the wax is naturally carried out of the ear with the assistance of jaw movement.
Sometimes, ear wax softening drops can break up the wax and soften it enough so the usual self-cleaning method can
work again. This is much safer than using methods that involve placing anything inside the delicate ear canal.
But sometimes, ear wax softening drops can’t be used. If the eardrum is perforated (has a hole in it), or if you’ve had surgery on your ears you shouldn’t use drops. In this case, the most reliable and effective method of ear wax removal is micro-suction.
How Does Micro-Suction Work?
Micro-suction is a reliable and effective method of ear wax removal, and it is the method preferred by Ear Nose and Throat surgeons. It removes blockages gently thanks to micro-suction technology. The process runs as follows:
● A registered nurse will ask about your ear history, as well as any symptoms you have noticed.
● Your ear canal and drum will be checked by the nurse using a speculum and loupes; a bright light with magnification. If there is enough wax to warrant the micro-suction procedure, it will be explained in detail, and you will be given an opportunity to ask questions.
● Wax will be removed using small instruments such as curettes and forceps, or via gentle microsuction.
Why Opt for Earworx?
● You will be looked after by registered nurses who are qualified in aural care and trained in the microsuction and curettage procedure
● We are dedicated to this process; it’s our core business so you’ll benefit from the expertise you can only get from those who conduct the procedure regularly
● The procedure is delicate and gentle, and most patients report an almost instant relief from blockages
● We have branches in Tasmania, NSW, QLD, ACT, VIC WA, and we’re expanding every day. Check our locations page to see if there is a clinic close to you.